It’s election season, and you know what that means… Vote!
Are you tired of politics though? Then do something different… Vote! Art Store, Frame & I Paint Out employee art competition.
Our Art Store and Frame and I employees each made a 9″ x 12″ painting using Jack Richeson oils on gessoed panels.
We have five paintings our staff made in the competition, and we need your help choosing the best one!
Visit the Art Store at 537 6th St to vote in person! All who vote in person at the Art Store will be given a chance to nab a coupon out of our Coupon Grab Bag, and get an additional 10% to 40% off one item!
Can’t get to the store this week? You can also vote online, here! Online voters don’t get a chance for a coupon, but they still get their voice heard 🙂 Voting to take place between August 14th -19th, 2017.
Who are the competing artists?
- Jefferson Gehlker: Art Store clerk Jeff brings us a little southwestern sensibility. Primarily a photographer and Digital Artist, Jeff has decided to start painting some of his digital works. His submission of a skull in a western hat is a great example of his style! Vote for Jeff’s painting here.
- Russell Johnson: Already ready for Autumn… Russell has worked for the Frame & I for many years. He is a well-established professional oil painter and works with palette knife techniques. His painting of Aspen trees is bright and airy! Vote for Russell’s painting here!
- Ida Kendall: Ida is the long time owner of the Frame & I and the Art Store. She dabbles in acrylic paint from time to time. Oil is not unfamiliar to Ida, but it isn’t her primary medium. Her painting of Ophilia is one of her few forays into oil painting. Vote for Ida’s painting here!
- Olivia Ortega: Our newest addition to the Art Store team, Olivia has painted in the past but is mainly a graphite artist. She recently picked up painting again, including her Space submission. Vote for Olivia’s painting here!
- Sean Welch: Primarily a watercolor, block printing and ink drawing artist, Sean wished he was painting with gouache the entire time he was painting with oil! This contest has really stretched our artistic abilities and pushed us to try a medium we are all at different levels with. His dragon painting is whimsical and fun. Vote for Sean’s painting here!
We wish all of our staff success in this competition, but only one of them can win first place. Cast your vote for your favorite and may the best painting win!
We’re appreciative of our sponsor for this Paint Out competition, Jack Richeson! Here’s a little more about Richeson Oils. We carry the full line in our store, if you’re curious.
Richeson Oils ~ The Shiva Series are a superior brand of oil paint that is made right here at our factory in the United States, alongside our hand-crafted line of BEST Easels. These oils have a rich history and long standing quality.
Click here for the full story…
Tradition, Quality & Stability
- Rich color intensity, buttery consistency
- 70 color line available in 1.25 oz and 5oz tubes
- Finest quality with a friendly price tag
- Made in small batches in Wisconsin
- Each pure pigment is ground to its own
degree of fineness
- Exacting laboratory controls
- Free from darkening, yellowing, fading and cracking
- Made with the finest grade linseed oil, and pure,
artist-grade dry pigments