You made your voice heard with your votes, and the Art Store/Frame and I employee painting contest election results are in!
The best elections don’t involve politics, am I right? 😉 Our painting contest was sponsored by Jack Richeson & Co. Oils., available at The Art Store in Prescott.
Our Art Store and Frame and I employees each made a 9″ x 12″ painting using Jack Richeson oils on gessoed panels. Then we had a week long poll last week, where you, our customers, voted online and in-store for your favorite painting!
Thanks one and all for voting for your favorite painting. Without further ado, here is the contest winner!
- Russell Johnson “Autumn Trail” Russell has worked for the Frame & I for many years. He is a well-established professional oil painter and works with palette knife techniques. His painting of Aspen trees is bright and airy! It’s really no surprise that Russell won the contest with his painting experience!
Thank you, everyone who voted online and/or came into the store! We hope you enjoyed participating!
Thank you also to our staff. It was a fun competition, and now we all know a lot more about oil paint than we used to!
We’re appreciative of our sponsor for this Paint Out competition, Jack Richeson! Here’s a little more about Richeson Oils. We carry the full line in our store, if you’re curious.
Richeson Oils ~ The Shiva Series are a superior brand of oil paint that is made right here at our factory in the United States, alongside our hand-crafted line of BEST Easels. These oils have a rich history and long standing quality.
Click here for the full story…
Tradition, Quality & Stability
- Rich color intensity, buttery consistency
- 70 color line available in 1.25 oz and 5oz tubes
- Finest quality with a friendly price tag
- Made in small batches in Wisconsin
- Each pure pigment is ground to its own
degree of fineness
- Exacting laboratory controls
- Free from darkening, yellowing, fading and cracking
- Made with the finest grade linseed oil, and pure,
artist-grade dry pigments