Summer means long days and free time, so check out Upcoming June – July 2017 art lessons in Prescott!
PS: our big summer blowout sale is still in full swing! Come get brushes, paint, canvas, pastels, paper pads, portfolios and so much more at deeply discounted clearance prices. We’re making room for new stuff and our loss is your gain!
Now for the art class update!
These lessons, workshops and classes are for youths and adults in the Quad city area, July, 2017. Please note, these are not offered at our store. They’re available at excellent art venues in our area. Click the pictures for links to the different art organizations offering the classes! And remember to come get your supplies with us, www.prescottartstore.com.
1. Mountain Artists’ Guild, 228 N Alarcon Street Prescott, AZ, (928)776-4009
all classes 10 am – 2 pm
Materials list for students. These can be picked up right here at the Art Store on 6th street! www.prescottartstore.com
- block printing ink: Akua brand. Black and one color.
- white paper: Any kind. At least 10 sheets. Should be larger than 9 x 12. Drawing paper or printing paper, is acceptable.
- xacto knife with blades.The blade that is shaped like a triangle is preferred.
- Extra carving blades. They fit a “SPEEDBALL” cutting tool.
- extra carving blocks or linoleum if desired.
- surgical gloves.These can be found in the pharmacy section of CVS, Frys, Walgreens etc. Ask the pharmacist if you can’t find them.
- paper towels
- baby wipes
These materials can be purchased from the instructor in class:
- Gomubana soft cutting plate for your reduction print. $7.25.
- stripping pins. This is for registration of your prints. You will need two pins . Price upon request.
3. July 17-20 at Mountain Artist’s Guild.
Julie Pollard – Wet & Wild Paint Vibrant Water Scenes in Brilliant Color for Watercolor or Acrylic
4 days from 9 am – 3 pm
Experience painting a cool, woodsy creek or waterfall with acclaimed artist and instructor Julie Gilbert Pollard. An author of 3 North Light Books, Julie’s fluid, painterly style, while representational, reflects her own personal concept of reality. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from a master. Click here for the supply list! We carry the materials needed for this class at The Art Store. Check it out!
4. Debra Owen, Finding your Voice workshop series in July at the ‘Tis annex, 235 N. Marina, Prescott, AZ. (928)776-1087 / email@example.com
Finding Your Voice – a workshop series
Sat, July 8
Visual Language — 10am-1pm
Mining for Meaning — 2-5pm
Voice captures an artist’s concepts, analysis and emotions.
Voice is more than style. It is the essence of artwork, plain for the world to see. Develop your artistic language and library of shapes, symbols, icons and mark making. The Finding Your Voice workshop series is an opportunity to develop your potential. You will create, practice hearing yourself and connecting with your authenticity. Finding your voice is every artist’s journey. It sets you apart and never ends.
The Finding Your Voice workshops are excellent for any skill level artist.
Debra Owen, 928-379-9119, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. July 1st – Brands & Bookmarks for youth at the Phippen Museum, 4701 Highway 89 North, (928) 778-1385
Brands & Bookmarks – FREE
Saturday, July 1st at 10AM
Make your own leather bookmark and personalize it with a cowboy brand that you design. Learn about brands, their history and how to read these unique symbols. This class is an introduction to leatherworking and leather tooling.
Remember to come get your supplies from us right here at your local art supply store – The Art Store! 537 6th St. Prescott. www.prescottartstore.com (928)443-0749.
Stay cool my peeps!