June’s Class Spotlight
The Oil and Acrylic Painting Class usually on Thursdays has been cancelled for the first two sessions due to low attendance of returning students (traveling). We are offering a truncated month of classes for June starting on the 17th of June and ending on the 24th. Returning and new students will determine this starting when the minimum of 4 students is met. Cost is $70.00 for the two June sessions. Any students who had signed up for June already is transferring their payments to the truncated schedule. The remaining amount will be on your Art Store account for later use. All details can be found at Upcoming Events | The Art Store (prescottartstore.com)
The Drawing class on Saturdays is in need of one more student for the month. Attendance is low so individual attention from the instructor will be very easy to attain if you register. All details can be found at Upcoming Events | The Art Store (prescottartstore.com)
Sculpture Class sessions will be the first 3 Saturday afternoons of June. The below Watercolor event will be conflicting on the 26th. All details can be found at Upcoming Events | The Art Store (prescottartstore.com)
The watercolor critique hosted by the Art Store and and Caroline Linscott is limited to the original 8 students who attended the introductory watercolor workshop on the 28th and 29th of May. Any further openings will only be offered if a returning student has decided not to attend. All details can be found at Upcoming Events | The Art Store (prescottartstore.com) Please do not sign up for the event if you had not attended the May workshop already.
New on the sales floor!
Many requests have been made for ceramic palettes for watercolor and ink. These have arrived and will be on the sales floor shortly.
Refine Series 5400 Natural Bristle Brushes are being discontinued from the Art Store sales floor. This is to make way for the popular returning Richeson Grey Matters brushes.
This change is your gain! All in-stock 5400 series brushes are at 50% off their MSRP. Found at our sales counter.
These brushes spotlight their long handled interlocked-bristle brushes with flagged tips (split ends) to control and hold more color, the Refine brush line combines quality, value, and variety in shapes and sizes to meet the creative needs of all oil and acrylic painters.
- Angular Bright/Shaders: Used for tight shading and curved strokes.
- Brights: Length and width of brush is generally squared. Similar to flats, but shorter hairs make a stiffer brush.
- Egberts: The Classic Egbert is a filbert with extra-long hair. This is a more traditional brush used by the Old Masters, typically for oil painting.
- Fans: Brush fibers are spread out making it useful for subtle blending and for textural effects.
- Filberts: Create a softer edge than a flat or bright.
- Flats: Longer hairs than a bright, this brush has more flex and a large color carrying capability.
- Rounds: Smaller sizes are typically used for detail work and larger sizes tend to be used for washes and filling in color.
Our current promotion for the sales floor
- All in-stock M.Graham paints are 25% off!
- All in-stock prestretched canvas 40 to 50% off!
- All in-stock Daniel Smith watercolor tubes, sets, grounds and sticks are 25% off!
- Our last remaining Navajo easel is 50% off!
Sale ends on August 28th, 2021
Don’t forget to look for our coupon in your monthly America’s Coupon Mailer. You can make your own sale!