RGM painting and palette knives are in stock at The Art Store!
These brand new knives have a lot going for them, from comfortable silicon grips to one-piece construction. Springy and comfortable in the grip, these knives will become your new favorites!
Features: extremely flexible steel blade has a special electrolytic protection that improves the spread ability of colour and ensures long life to the palette knife. Ergonomic handle functional designed available with various types of wood, dark, olive wood or coloured rubber. Finally, the blade is securely attached to the handle with a ring of containment in polished brass.
Strengths: extremely flexible blade made with the experience of over 50 years, special electrolytic protection that optimizes the functionality of the palette knife, functional design, ergonomic handle with hole for display.
Idea Lightweight line
Palette Knife Painting Tips:
- Try the tapered palette knife, which is strong yet flexible. It allows you to mix the paint thoroughly before applying.
- Squeeze out the colors that you want to mix. For example, Ultramarine Blue and Titanium White, and knead them with the knife until completely mixed. There is no better way to mix colors.
- The newly mixed color can then be applied at will. Load-up one flat edge of the knife and spread out the color to fill an entire area.
- The larger the knife, the more area coverage.
- The palette knife is also useful for details and expressive marks, like a tree trunk or branch.
Interested in learning more about Palette Knife painting? Stay tuned for our demo with esteemed local oil painter Russell Johnson. Coming up in October, 2018!