Gamblin Oil Paint Demo at The Art Store
Understanding Contemporary Oil Painting Materials, a 90 minute Lecture Demonstration
Join us for this live demo with Anna Fox Ryan, Saturday, November 11th 2017 at 10:30 am, at The Art Store!
Your $10 registration fee will reserve your space in the demo. It will be refunded to you as store credit when you attend!
Gamblin will provide class with FREE product and literature!
Out of stock
Understanding Contemporary Oil Painting Materials
Since our founding, Gamblin Artists Colors has handcrafted luscious oil colors and contemporary mediums true to the working properties of traditional materials, yet safer and more permanent. Gamblin’s dedication to today’s oil painters extends beyond offering the finest possible materials – we believe in sharing our knowledge so painters can choose those materials that best support their own artistic visions.
Understanding Contemporary Oil Painting Materials, a 90 minute Lecture Demonstration will cover the following:
- Color Theory – 2-dimensional vs 3-dimensional Color Space
- Color Mixing – Navigating Color Space: Gamblin’s practical approach to color mixing
- Artist’s Oil Colors – Gamblin’s approach to color making
- Mineral vs Modern Pigments – How to create a personalized palette of colors
- Indirect vs Direct Techniques – Historical application of opaque and transparent colors
- FastMatte Alkyd Oil Colors – Benefits and uses of fast-drying, matte oil colors
- 1980 Oil Colors – True Color. Real Value.
- Painting Mediums –Choosing the right medium, including working properties and drying rates
- Building Permanent Paintings – Understanding Fat Over Lean
- Supports, Sizing and Grounds – How they affect color and permanence
- Gamvar Picture Varnish – Understanding contemporary varnishes and controlling surface quality
- Studio Safety – Create without compromise in a safe studio